Friday, June 3, 2011

Introduction: Critical Thinking Selection

This essay deals with personality and the effects of social influences on individuals. I find that differences between social expectations concerning role and a person’s own self identity are the “greatest obstacles or challenges to developing a strong sense of self-identity “. I use critical analysis by synthesizing ideas from multiple readings with my own conclusions. This is displayed through my analysis of Queen Latifas thoughts about African-American woman being placed in societal roles when I write, “When African-American woman, or any individual with identity makers, falls to the pressures of social expectations they limit their own ability to form self identity.” This essay scored well and is a fine example of the basic, but vital, skill of critical thinking and analysis.

No comments:

Post a Comment